Friday, September 9, 2011

Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad


Hey there, blog readers! It's the MIA sister, Kim! I haven't meant to be gone for so long but those of you that know me know I've been more than a basket case trying to get ready for a new school year, juggle my family, and home. Not to mention my husband was gone for the whole summer which means we ate out A LOT!  Oops! :)  However, on one little trip to Manti I did whip up this deliciousness for my mom and we invited my Aunt Di over for lunch. Let's just say hit was a HIT with all of us! Of course I borrowed it from this blog, and it looks like she borrowed it from someone else too! Hey, sharing makes the world go 'round! Try this and see if you just LOVE it like we did!

 1 chicken breast, cooked & shredded 
1/4 cup black beans, drained & rinsed {I used more}
1/4 cup corn {I used more and I used shoepeg!}
1/4 cup green onions, chopped {I left this out!}
1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup cilantro
1/4 tortilla chips or fritos, crushed
2 tbsp. white vinegar
4 tbsp. mayo
Salt, to taste
2-4 avocados, sliced in half & pitted

Combine the chicken, beans, corn, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and tortilla chips into a medium bowl and stir. Add the vinegar and mayo. Slice and pit your avocados.
Now scoop a VERY generous portion of the chicken salad onto both halves of the avocado.
Eat this heaven with a fork and make sure to scoop out the avocado with each bite.  So yummy and a lot more filling than you would think!

avocadochickensalad5
I even borrowed her picture 'cause it looked so much better than mine did!

No comments: