Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes



When I googled Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes for a side to our Sunday dinner, I had no idea the heaven I would be in for when I whipped up these creamy, dreamy little things. They were the perfect addition to our BBQ Lime Chicken. Oh. My. Goodness! I was pretty sure Matt had died and gone to heaven between these two things of beauty on his plate. I couldn't wait to share the recipe with you!! I found them here and you can bet I'll be heading back there to see what else I can make from her website!

 (picture also found here)

You will need:
2 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into cubes
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 14 ounce container chicken stock

**Pour 3/4 container of chicken stock into a large stove top pan.  Place cubed potatoes in pan and turn on high heat.  Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
(I actually used all of it and ended up adding a bit of water before the potatoes were all the way done because the broth had boiled off and I didn't need additional stock, the sour cream made them creamy enough!)
**Drain potatoes.  Add reduced-fat sour cream, garlic, salt, and pepper to potatoes.  
**Using a stand-up mixer or potato masher, mix potatoes.  Slowly add remaining chicken stock to potatoes and continuing mashing until desired consistency. 

1 comment:

Shantel said...

Yum yum! This looks delicious. I need to make this for dinner THIS WEEK for sure!