Sunday, May 22, 2011

Caramel Corn

I'm sure you've all been frantically wondering where I've been in the "Howe" to Cook blogging world. Let's just say, I haven't cooked a meal in at least a week (possibly more :D) due to a missing spouse who is the only one in this household that appreciates my cooking. ;) Today, I am whipping up a batch of this scrumdidleumptiousness, so I thought I'd share with all of you! Heaven in a bowl I tell ya!


(image borrowed from here)

Caramel Popcorn:
2 batches of freshly popped popcorn
1 cube butter
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 C. light corn syrup
2 1/2 C. brown sugar

**In a saucepan combine butter, S.C. Milk, corn syrup and brown sugar. (I get my popcorn started while this is beginning to heat up.) Heat to boiling, stirring constantly when it starts to boil. Boil 3-5 minutes, until a soft ball forms when dropping some into a cup of cold water. Don't let it cook too long or your popcorn won't stay soft and gooey--which is why I love it so much! As soon as it forms that soft ball pour it over your popcorn and stir until it's evenly coated.
YUMMY!



No comments: