Once upon a Christmas party I had this delicious, amazing, outstanding, wonderful dessert! The moment I saw it, I knew I HAD to have a bite! It was indeed as delicious as it looked and I have just been waiting for an excuse to whip it up--the Super Bowl just happened to come along (Isn't it all about the food--and commercials--anyway?!) So here is the perfect recipe or all you peanut butter lovers out there!
(recipe found here and yes, their picture is MUCH better than mine taken with the ol' iPhone!)
You will need:
- 1 fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) miniature peanut butter cups
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in peanut butter chips. Bake in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not over bake). Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces.
- Cut peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Add peanut butter and vanilla mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping.
- Place a third of the brownies in a 5-qt. glass bowl; top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until chilled.