Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hoot-n-Annies

Hoot-n-Annies aka German Pancakes have always been a favorite around the Howe household. When I introduced Matt to them for the first time he thought he was in heaven. He would eat them every day if I'd make them, but Saturdays are about the only day he gets to eat this delectable breakfast treat. :)



There are many a Hoot-n-Annie recipe out there...

Here's our version:

6 eggs
1 C. milk
1 C. flour
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cube of butter
(I was recently been told 1/2 a cube works just as well!)

**Place butter in a 9x13 pan and set in preheating oven to melt.
Mix all other ingredients into a large bowl.
When butter is melted pour the batter into the pan.
(Another option is to spoon into muffin tins for individual ones!)
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden and fluffy!
Serve with powdered sugar and/or syrup!
(We like both, at the same time!)







3 comments:

Storm'n Normans said...

We call them Monster Pancakes. I put small amounts of the batter into cupcake pans and bake until they are puffy and the boys call them Mini-Monsters. Love 'em!

My Project Corner said...

The comment before mine is so true. I little batter goes a long way. So light and fluffy.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

WOW....okay, yours does look WAY better and I love that you call them that too....my SIL calls them that and we all tease her because of it ha!