Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Twice Baked Potatoes

Nicki gave me this recipe once upon a time and since that day in time I have made them on several occasions (mostly family parties) and every time they are a huge hit! They're not a lot of work, you just have to plan ahead so you have time to let them cool so you can bake them twice.

(picture found here)

2 lg. potatoes--baked and cooled
2 slices of bacon
2 green onions--diced
4 Tbs. butter
1/2 c. sour cream
2 Tbs. milk
6 Tbs. shredded cheddar

**Sautee bacon and onions together and scoop and drain on a paper towel.
**Scoop out cooled potatoes (I cut mine in half and scoop them) and line empty potato skins on a foil lined pan
*In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and whip until smooth and creamy.
*Scoop filling back into potato skins and top with more shredded cheddar
*Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until cheese is melted and potatoes are warmed through.

We make these in great quantity for family meals and I tend to just estimate the ingredients until I get the consistency I want, so don't feel like you have to have everything exact!

1 comment:

My Project Corner said...

These are so yummy and easy to make.