Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chocolate Mousse aka Mississippi Mud

I got this recipe from Marnie and Carla. It is my FAVORITE treat they make and I use this recipe any time I'm supposed to take a dessert somewhere. It also contains my two favorite ingredients: Cream Cheese & Cool Whip! :)

Crust:
1 cube of butter
1 c. flour
1 Tbs. Sugar
(You can double it if you like a thicker crust like I do!)
**Cut together and press into a Pammed 9x13 pan
**Bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes

Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. Cool Whip
1 c. powdered sugar
**Beat together
**Pour over cooled crust and let set for 15 minutes

Pudding:
1 sm. instant vanilla pudding
1 sm. instant chocolate pudding
3 c. Milk
**Beat together
**Pour over cream cheese filling

Top with 8 oz. Cool Whip

1 comment:

JaredLauraDespain said...

This was very, very good and one i'll be adding to my recipe collection for sure. I didn't double the crust (because of how much butter is in the crust). I loved it (and ate it for days). :) Thanks