Friday, December 31, 2010

Apple Muffins

We got this recipe from a family friend, Staci, years ago, and today I remembered it. I whipped these up for breakfast, and I can't believe I don't make them more often! They are delicious! My husband said, "These are way better than any muffin that comes out of a box. They are so fluffy!" I was glad he liked them, my 10 month-old devoured one, and I enjoyed a few myself.
Ingredients
1 1/2 C flour
1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C sugar
1/3 C vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 C milk
1/2 C applesauce

Stir flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon together. Add remaining ingredients. Blend together. Bake at 350* for 18-20 minutes.

Remove muffins from pan and let cool 5ish minutes. Dip muffin top in melted butter and cinnamon and sugar mixture. Yum!
Yields 1 dozen muffins

No comments: