Thursday, December 9, 2010

Beef Stew

I have always turned up my nose at stew, but after the pickiest sister Candice stamped it with her approval, I thought I'd better try it! This recipe comes from our sister-in-law, Tif, and is quick and easy and, best of all, a crock-pot recipe. My fave!


(Not my picture. Image from here. I'll be honest...mine didn't look very appetizing (the color of the broth turned me off), so I opted for this image instead).


Ingredients

1 lb. stew meat

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of celery soup

1 can of corn--with the juice

3-4 potatoes, peeled, washed, and chunked

1 C. diced carrots

1 can (use one of the cream cans) filled with water.

Dehydrated or minced onion to taste

Salt and pepper to taste



Throw everything in the crock-pot and cook on low all day. About 5 minutes before we ate, I threw in a cup or so of frozen peas (I didn't want them to get soggy from cooking all day). The stew was really hearty and filling and a perfect meal for a chilly day!

2 comments:

Grant and Candice said...

How rude!

Mark & Nicki Wintch said...

Wow. You've turned into quite the recipe theif Min. :)