Tuesday, November 29, 2011

mexican chicken tacos

okay. this is serious business. i'm dying over these babies. this recipe has no name, so i just made one up. it is originally this recipe, but i wanted a crock-pot version and i didn't have tomatoes. so here's what i did.

no picture today. it basically looked like this except the chicken was shredded instead of chunked. it really is the same recipe, just crock-potted. convenient, eh?

ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1 can petite diced tomatoes
2 green peppers, diced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp. cumin
1(ish) cup salsa
1/2 pkg. cream cheese

throw it all in the crock and cook on low all day. shred chicken and serve in tortilla with cheese, avocado, and sour cream, or with chips. yum. 

we had it last night, and i had it for lunch today. and i'm wanting it again. so simple. so yummy!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds divoon!

Krista Dearden said...

Okay. These I MUST make! I'm all about crock pot recipes right now.

Shantel said...

I just want to leave a comment to let you know that I love this website and I am grateful that you ladies post such great meals. I use meals from here all the time - and tell everyone I know about "Howe to Cook." I'm a huge fan. I don't often leave comments because I don't know what to say... but I have decided that leaving comments is the best way for people to keep posting. And I don't know what I would do if you stopped posting. That is all. Thanks for all your hard (and delicious) work!

Kasie said...

I've made these twice already. Love them, love them, love them!