Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Beefy One Pot Dinner

This is the slacker sister here! I have been doing some good cooking and am ready to share some new recipes with you so I hope you're excited! You are? Great! This is one that I dug out of a magazine I had been saving since 2007. Wow! I really do save way too much junk. Anywho. It's quick. It's easy. It's quick and easy! My favorite kind of dinner. And it's good to boot. So here we go.

(Photo found here)

Beefy One-Pot Dinner

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 Yukon gold potato (about 6 oz.), finely chopped
1 cup water
1 can (14 oz.) baked beans
1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Brown meat in large nonstick skillet; drain. Add next 3 ingredients; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in water; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add beans and barbecue sauce; mix well. Cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese.

That's it! We had a garden salad and called it a meal. You really should try it when you need something fast. I promise you'll like it.

No comments: