Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Homemade Twix

How is it that I have NOT posted these heavenly little morsels? I got this recipe several years ago from my cute friend Stephanie! Wow! These are one of my favorite treats, they are really easy just require multiple steps. Don't let that deter you, the rave reviews you get will be worth it! I made these little beauties to take Visiting Teaching and I hope they enjoyed them as much as I did! Of course they are not EXACTLY like a Twix, but you get the idea. :)

(image from here)
 
Step 1)      Cookie Bottom:
1 C. butter
2 C. flour
     ½ C. Sugar
 **Cut together.  Press into a Pammed 9 X 13 pan.  Bake at 350° for 20 minutes

Step 2)      Caramel Center:
1 C. butter
1 C. brown sugar
4 T. corn syrup
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
**Put ingredients in sauce pan.  Bring to a boil, stir constantly with a whisk.  Boil exactly 5 minutes.  Remove from heat, wait 5 minutes, pour on crust.

3)      Chocolate Top:
1-2 bags Milk Chocolate Chips
1 tsp. vegetable oil
**Melt together in a saucepan and pour over top.

Cool completely (I stick them in the fridge) before cutting.

1 comment:

kara said...

Yummmmm! I wish you were my visiting teacher!