Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Taco Pizza

 (Image from here)

Oh, Pinterest! How I love thee! Actually it's sort of a love/hate relationship. I love all the FABULOUS ideas that are on there, but  HATE that I will never have time to do even one gazillionth of the things I have pinned. Sigh.... 
However, today I actually did it. I pinned this taco pizza awhile ago (from here) with great intentions of making it. Now, months later I actually got up the nerve to try something new and interesting and it was a hit--okay the kids wouldn't even try it but Matt and I really liked it!

The original recipe is found here, how I made it is like so:

Pizza Crust (their recipe called for Pillsbury Crescent Rolls)
(You can use whatever is your favorite, I am always looking for quick and easy way so I resort to the Martha White or Great Value packets found near the spaghetti and pizza sauce at the store. They are under a buck, are actually pretty good, only call for hot water, and are ready in 5 minutes!! I know, I'm totally lame!)
1 can of Refried Beans
1 lb. ground beef--browned
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning--mix with beef as directed
1 can of olives--sliced
1 tomato--chopped
green onions (optional)
Shredded cheese (Mexican blend, or I used half mozzarella and half cheddar)
Salsa--optional 
(We made half with a layer of salsa and half without and decided we liked the salsa side better!)

**Make your pizza crust, I always prick mine with a fork and bake it for 5 minutes before adding the toppings. Spread the refried beans on the crust, if you like salsa add the salsa next, then layer the ground beef, tomatoes, olives, green onions, and cheese. 
My simple little crust recommends baking the pizza for 9-11 minutes on 475 so that's what I did and it was perfect!

Let me know what you think!!

No comments: