Friday, March 11, 2011

BBQ Pineapple Bacon Burgers

Oh. MY! Who doesn't love a good burger? Especially when it comes from a BBQ? Ah..one of my favorite things about summer is definitely the endless BBQs. Yesterday, warm weather and all, my husband fired up the grill and we had ourselves some beyond delicious burgers. The best part? We kind of invented the idea. I mean, I'm sure it's not 100% original or anything, but let's pretend it is, alrighty? Okay, so I just googled it and it is definitely NOT original. Dangit! Soo you can pretend it is or isn't. But either way, here's our version.
No picture. Sorry. I'm working on it...
What you'll need for this deliciousness we call a burger:
1 lb. ground beef
1/4--1/2 C. BBQ sauce (our fave is Sweet Baby Ray's)
1/8--1/4 C. bread crumbs
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 can pineapple slices (the rings)
1/2 pkg. bacon
In a bowl, combine meat, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, egg, and S&P and squish together. This part is pretty gross. I personally hate the feel of raw meat squishing through my fingers, so I put Ziploc baggies over each hand to avoid the gag reflex. Once everything is nicely mixed together, grab a handful of meat and form it into a patty. As disgusting as "grab a handful of meat" sounds, I don't really know how else to say it. You can make them as thick or thin, big or small as you'd like. I made 6 patties and had a tiny bit of meat left over.

Next, BBQ those babies! Low and slow is how we like to do it. Hmm. Did that sound inappropriate? Shoot. My in-laws read this blog!

While your meat is grilling, cook the bacon in a frying pan to the crispiness of your choice. When your meat is almost cooked (we go with well-done at our house), add a slice or two of cheddar cheese (Tillamook is best! We are cheese snobs and swear by Tillamook!) and set your pineapple rings on the grill next to the meat. Only grill the pineapple on each side for a minute or two--just long enough to warm them up!
imag e found here

Finally, assemble! We added mayo, more BBQ sauce, tomato, and avocado because really...what's a burger without avocado? Nothing, I say.

And now, enjoy! Man. I am drooling thinking about how good these were! We may or may not have these again this weekend. Don't judge us! Go ahead and have your o wn BBQ this weekend. Yum!!

No comments: