Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cheesy Potatoes

I know there are a million versions/recipes out there for cheesy potatoes, but when Aunt Di passed this one on my mom we all thought we were in heaven! Now, they are FOR SURE a family favorite. Mmmmm......

(image found here)


2 pks grated hashbrowns (we prefer Simply Shreds!)
1 cube of butter
1 bunch of green onions
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
16 oz. Sour Cream
Lots of grated cheddar cheese (I would guess 2-3 cups!)

**Chop onions VERY fine and sautee in butter until onions look clear
**Mix soup and sour cream together, add cooked onions and butter
**Pour over hash browns (either frozen or thawed) and stir together.
**Sprinkle in cheese and salt and pepper until it looks plenty cheesy!
**Bake at 350 for 1 hour (plan an extra half hour if they are frozen!) Stir occasionally as they cook!

Mmm! Mmm! Mmm!

PS, Don't forget to enter our giveaway here!

1 comment:

Shantel said...

We have a recipe like this that we love, but I bet it would be delicious with the green onions. I will have to try it.

I love the new look!