Monday, June 6, 2011

Cookie Salad

Oh, Cookie Salad! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!  
Here is another party favorite and it's PERFECT for any summer BBQ! I never take this little salad anywhere without someone wanting to know how to make it. Of course it contains one of my favorite ingredients, which surprisingly enough (this time) isn't cream cheese! Nope, it's Cool Whip! My friend Chrisann (Oh, how I love and miss her smiling face!) would ask every time we were going to have a little faculty luncheon at the school we taught at together, what I would be bringing that contained Cool Whip! She was certain I could create my own recipe book on 101 recipes to use Cool Whip! I quite possibly could and I'm sure you all would buy it!  Anyway, on to the recipe for this little salad that has often been referred to as a dessert. :)

(image found here)

2 sm. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
2 C. buttermilk
16 oz. Cool Whip
2 cans Mandarin Oranges
1 can Pineapple Chunks
1 pkg. Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies

**In a large bowl whisk together pudding powder and buttermilk. Then fold in Cool Whip. Stir in drained fruit. Break cookies into bite-sized pieces and stir in just before serving (so they don't get soggy). I promise you, this will be a hit!!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Ooooh, I make that same salad! One of my favorites but I have never put cookies in it. I may just have to try it!