Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vanilla Ice Cream

Remember that friend of mine, Marnie, that I mentioned in my cheesecake post? Well, thanks to her wonderful, sweet, amazing mom (Carla) we get this recipe for the most divine homemade vanilla ice cream on the planet! Seriously! Whenever they have a birthday in their family Carla and Dan will make this deliciousness and I always hope I'm nearby to be invited to the family festivities--I'm practically family after all. :)  For the past couple of Memorial Day BBQ's we've been whipping up a batch of this heaven, it's SOO good we rarely even mix anything in it, we just enjoy the delicious vanilla flavor. Try it for yourselves and let us know what you think!



Here's my favorite part of this recipe, it calls for Junkets. When I first heard that I was like, "What the junk is a Junket?" I soon found out they are found in the gelatin aisle of your local supermarket, I haven't seen them at Walmart, but Macey's has always had them when I've needed them.



Combine and set aside:
7 Junkets
7 Tbs. water

In a large pan mix:
1 can Evaporated Milk
8 C. milk
1 Qt. whipping cream
3 1/2 C. sugar
5-6 tsp. vanilla
**Heat to warm, but not hot.
Add junket & water mixture
Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes.
Pour into ice cream freezer, add ice and salt and let 'er go!

No comments: