Monday, November 22, 2010

Craisin Salad

I just HAD to have this recipe after attending a baby blessing where it was served.  Since then, I have taken it to many a family party and it's another one of those things that everyone wants the recipe for.  I have been asked to bring this to Thanksgiving Dinner, so I thought I'd share it in case anyone else needs a yummy salad to take with them!

(This isn't a picture of MY actual salad, I borrowed it from here)

In a large bowl toss:
1 head of green leaf lettuce
1 head of iceberg lettuce
1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
1 C. mozzarella Cheese
1C. shredded Paremsan Cheese
8 oz. toasted, sliced almonds
8 oz. Craisins

Dressing:
In blender mix:
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. mustard
1 1/2 tsp. salt
Then add:
1 c. vegetable oil and blend again.

Shake well before serving!
(I like to serve it on the side, but you can toss it into the salad if you want!)

~~Kim

No comments: