Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bacon & Parmesan Pasta

Oh. My. Deliciousness! I saw this recipe online and knew it was something I just had to try! It was like eating a piece of heaven and I thought Matt was going to fall out of his chair he liked it so much. We're thinking next time we might add some grilled chicken to the mix!



(Don't you love my 90's dishes that I dug out of my trousseau when I got married--ha!)



Here's what you need:

1 lb. bacon

1 pkg. penne pasta

1 c. whipping cream

8 oz. cream cheese

1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese

2 eggs (beaten together)

Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste--I didn't use any of this!



**Cook & crumble bacon.

(I baked mine, see here!)

**Cook pasta according to package directions. Start the sauce while it's cooking.

**In a large saucepan combine whipping cream and cream cheese. Cook on low until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, then remove from heat.

**Add the eggs and Parmesan cheese. Mix well. (The eggs cook in the heat of the sauce!)

**Drain pasta and return it to the pot.

**Add the sauce and the chopped bacon.

**Mix well to coat and top with a bit more Parmesan cheese!



YUMMMMMM!!!!

4 comments:

Pam said...

This looks creamy, rich, and so decadent - yum!

The Peterson Clan... said...

Tried this last night and we loved it!! Thanks!!

chasetity said...

We really enjoy this. this is really good with grilled chicken

Jamie said...

So so good! I followed the directions but then put it in a 9 x13 and added extra cheese on top and baked for about 10 min to melt and crisp the cheese a bit. Yum!