Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Monterey Chicken

I got this recipe from our new Ward Cookbook. This particular recipe comes from one of the *sweetest* people in my ward!
(Thanks, Heather!)

(image from here)


Here's what you need:
4 chicken breasts
8 pieces of cooked bacon
BBQ sauce (We LOVE Sweet Baby Ray's!)
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

**Pound chicken breasts out until they're pretty flat
**Spray a frying pan (or grill pan) with Pam and cook the chicken seasoning it with salt and pepper.
**Place cooked chicken on a baking sheet. Top with BBQ sauce, 2 strips of bacon, and both kinds of cheese.
**Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
**Top with chopped tomatoes and chives or green onions!


2 comments:

~~heather said...

awe! you are so sweet!
They are really good with the fresh chopped tomatoes and green onion on top too! :) Chili's copycat I made up ;)
I love your blog!

Unknown said...

Tried this last night...super easy and so good! Since I started cooking from your blog about a week ago, my husband has been very impressed. I love your blog and look at it very often for good ideas. Thanks!