Monday, February 28, 2011

Meal Tip Monday--Cooking for Two

When cooking for two, simply cook less food. It sounds simple, but so often I hear young couples my age talk about not wanting to cook because of the mass amount of leftovers. We usually eat the meal and have enough leftovers for one or both of us to have for lunch the next day, simply because I half almost every recipe I make. Very seldom do I throw out leftover food. So if your recipe calls for a 9X13 pan, make it in an 8X8. If it call so for 2 cans of something, only use one. Like I said, it sounds simple and maybe seems silly or even down right dumb to even mention, but I think it's one of those things we don't always think about. So don't live on frozen pizza just because you don't like leftovers; just cook less!

P.S., Don't forget to enter our giveaway here!

No comments: