Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nicki Specials

Back in the day the Howe sisters worked in a yummy little sandwich shop in Manti called Club Savoy. Man did we have some fun times there! Sadly, Club (as we called it) is no longer there but it lives on in our hearts every time one of us makes this yummy sandwich. I created it one night due to boredom and hunger. OK, mostly hunger. It became known as a Nicki Special and we still love it.


(This is just for one)

Deli bun

mayo

2-3 slices ham luncheon meat

5-6 sliced mushrooms

slice cheese of your choice

(I love swiss or provolone, but anything works)

1/2 an avocado, sliced



Sautee' the shrooms in a little butter until soft and brown. Scooch them over in the pan and add the ham--you just want to warm it up a bit. Scoop the shrooms onto the ham and lay the cheese over and let it melt!! Dump the whole thing onto the bun that you have spread with mayo. (Let me just say here that at Club we had a grill and I liked to toast the bun, but I only do that at home if I am feeling especially ambitious.) Spread the sliced avocado on top of the melted cheese and put the bun top on. Now I need to have one of these because my mouth is watering! Enjoy!

1 comment:

~~heather said...

We made these last night... I just cut open my hoagie buns and put the cheese on one side and broiled them for a few minutes to toast the bread and melt the cheese. I also added some season salt to the mushrooms when I sauteed them... but all else I did exact! YUM-O!!!! We will definately make these again!